Saturday, August 29, 2009

Jamaican Pork with Creamy Lime Salsa




I picked up this recipe by signing up at Slim Fast as it has tons of new and exciting recipes that you can pick and choose from and they're all about roughly 500 calories per dinner serving. Most recipes make 4 servings so that's great for couples like James and I because I can cook one night and take a break for the next by just eating leftovers. I'm not sure how much I loved the lime salsa, it could be the fact that it's made with mostly mayo that throws me off, or it was just too much for one small piece of chop. I think if I do make this again I'll use less of the mayo and maybe add a little bit more lime juice to it as I didn't get the full punch of that flavor either. Needless to say, the actual chop was amazing! I suppose you could use a tenderloin or something instead, but I figured chops were easy enough. :)



Jamaican Pork with Creamy Lime Salsa

1/2 cup light mayo (or whatever your preference is)
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/4 cup onion, red, chopped
1 garlic clove
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 pound pork chops, boneless (or bone in if you prefer)
1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning (made by McCormick if you need help locating it in the spice aisle)


Chop the garlic. For Creamy Lime Salsa, in medium bowl, combine mayo, lime juice, onion, garlic, and pepper; set aside. Evenly season chops with jerk seasoning. Grill or broil chops until done. To serve, arrange chops on serving platter, then evenly garnish with Creamy Lime Salsa. Serve with remaining salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment