Sunday, December 13, 2009

Edible Christmas Wreaths


It's that time of year again! Time to crack open those cookbooks and find what sweet treats you're going to make this holiday season. Every year my mother and I bake up a storm to make goodie bags for our co-workers. Last year I was left to making it all on my own! So i did and it was tiring but well worth it in the end. Some of my co-workers don't have family anymore so it's sometimes all they get for Christmas. It breaks my heart but warms mine as well because I know they appreciate it and are grateful for our gift to them.

This is your typical "rice krispie treat" but I used Special K for this as it's what I had one hand. Honestly, you can't even taste the difference between the two cereals after you pile on all that sweet gooey marshmallow :)

I used red icing for the holly berries, but feel free to let your imagination wander! Sprinkles...red hots...crushed candy cane...



Edible Christmas Wreaths

10 oz. marshmallows
6 cups of corn flake cereal (crush with your hands) or rice krispie cereal
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. green food coloring, or to your desired green-ness
bagged red frosting or other candies for decorating the wreaths


Melt butter and marshmallows over low heat stirring constantly.
When completely melted add vanilla and green food coloring.
Add in corn flakes. Stir until they are completely coated and green!
Grease hands with butter or cooking spray and start shaping into little O's on a silicone baking mat or wax paper. CAUTION: Very Hot!
Repeat steps until all of the mixture is used. Cool before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment