Monday, September 13, 2010

Smothered Chicken


So I've been cooking lately and either I dislike the recipe and I don't want to share it, or there's just no way to get a decent photo of it. I had some amazing Pork and Green Chiles wrapped in warm tortillas the other night, but alas I couldn't get a nice photo to save my life.

Now this, ladies and gentleman was an AMAZING dish. The only alteration I will make next time is to leave out the season salt (original recipe), which is to taste. I found even the minimal amount of season salt I did use, plus the bacon bits, was just a bit too salty for me. Other than that, the chicken was moist, the cheese gooey, and the bacon and green onions on top was excellent. It almost reminds me of potato skins on chicken without the sour cream. I bet sour cream would take this dish to a whole new level! Try it and tell me!

It's a FAST dish - 20min. tops! It's from one of my favorite cookbooks too which is for the "busier families." Try it! It's simple, cheap, and 100% delicious! We had ours with steamed broccoli and rice.


Smothered Chicken
adapted from Taste of Home: The Busy Family Cookbook

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
Garlic powder, to taste
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup shredded Monterey and Colby Jack cheese blend
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup bacon bits (the real stuff, please!)


Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with garlic powder.

In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in oil for 4 minutes; turn.

Top with cheese, green onions, and bacon. Cover and cook 4 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and cheese is melted.


*I am in no way affiliated with the website/company linked. I was not paid to use or advertise their product. I am not earning profit from sales either. These are items that are personally mine that I like to use and want to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment